The Complaints Management Framework of the Nigerian Capital Market shall address complaints arising out of issues that are covered under the Investments and Securities Act, 2007 (ISA), the Rules and Regulations made pursuant to the ISA, the rules and regulations of Securities Exchanges and guidelines of recognized trade associations.
The SEC, Self-Regulatory Organizations (SROs), recognized Capital Market trade groups and Capital Market Operators (CMOs) and listed public companies shall establish fair, impartial and objective complaints management policies for the handling of:
- Complaints against operators by clients;
- Complaints between operators;
- Complaints against regulators and SROs;
- Complaints against operators by SROs and Regulator; and
- Trade manipulation
- Accounting frauds
- Ponzi schemes
- and such other complaints as may be determined by the SEC from time to time.