Monitoring & Investigation
The overall responsibility of the Monitoring and Investigation Department involves identifying, assessing and monitoring the operations and risks of registered operators and protection of investors. It is a legal requirement that every operator in the market must be certified as fit and proper to carry out or undertake capital market functions.
The Department is comprised of two divisions:
- Ensure that market operators maintain healthy financial states.
- Ensure that Market participants comply with the Laws/Rules and Regulations guiding the conduct of their respective operations.
- Ensure compliance with the provision of the Anti-money laundering prohibition Act (2004).
The Division utilises the on-site and off-site inspections to achieve these stated objectives.
- Resolution of disputes arising from capital market transactions involving CMOs and investors or among CMOs.
- Investigation of reported and suspected infractions in the market.
The division uses both off-site and on-site reviews to achieve its stated objectives.